Left over diagnose sample bank
Sample collection of any kind of left over samples (serum, plasma, cerebrospinal fluid, urine, tissues...) obtained at the Parc de Salut Mar during the diagnostic process.
The historical origin of this collection is the leftover samples from patient's diagnostic testing.
Patient eligibility criteria
Patients with any pathology that are candidates for surgical intervention, or biopsy, or blood (or other fluids) sample analysis.
Patients for recruitment must accomplish the following criteria:
- Any patient with a clinical indication for biopsy or extirpation (minor or major surgery) will be eligible to be included in the biobank.
- Any patient with a clinical indication of blood or other fluids sample test.
- Sign the informed consent form.
Samples types collected
Serums, plasma, spinal cord fluid, urine, left over tissues and other fluids.
More than 18.000 samples are collected each year.
Scientific purpose and interest
To obtain samples from patients and make them available to the scientific community to facilitate, to promote and to develop national and international scientific research regarding several pathologies.
- DNA bank for cardiovascular diseases
- Cerebral infarction (ICTUS) sample bank
- FORTIAM, acute myocardial infarction sample collection
- DNA bank for oncological diseases
- Bank of samples from influenza A (H1N1) patients
- Bank of lung disease samples (Lung Biobank Platform)
- Hematological malignancies bank
- Cryopreserved tumour bank
- Collection Alzheimer and families (Alfa Study)
- ERyME: Sample collection from patients with rheumatic or muscle-skeletal disease
- GLOSEN: Glomerular diseases sample collection