Bank of samples from influenza A (H1N1) patients
Collection of peripheral blood samples from all cases (and additional samples of serum, plasma, saliva, sputum, Broncho-alveolar lavage, Trans bronchial and lung biopsy in some cases) of adult patients admitted to the Hospital del Mar with a confirmed influenza A (H1N1) diagnosis.
The historical origin of this collection is a multicenter project founded by FIS of CIBERES based on influenza pandemic (H1N1) in 2009.
Patient eligibility criteria
Eligible patients for recruitment must accomplish the following criteria:
- Individual > 17 years old admitted to the Hospital del Mar with an Influenza A Pandemic (H1N1) diagnosis using RT-PCR.
- Sign the informed consent form.
Sample types collected
Peripheral blood samples from all cases (and additional samples of serum, plasma, saliva, sputum, bronchoalveolar lavage, trans-bronchial and lung biopsy in some cases).
Scientific purpose and interest
To describe the disease caused by the pandemic A/H1N1 virus in cases requiring hospitalization. To describe the host’s biological response using a peripheral blood sample obtained from each patient.
- DNA bank for cardiovascular diseases
- Cerebral infarction (ICTUS) sample bank
- FORTIAM, acute myocardial infarction sample collection
- DNA bank for oncological diseases
- Left over diagnose sample bank
- Bank of lung disease samples (Lung Biobank Platform)
- Hematological malignancies bank
- Cryopreserved tumour bank
- Collection Alzheimer and families (Alfa Study)
- ERyME: Sample collection from patients with rheumatic or muscle-skeletal disease
- GLOSEN: Glomerular diseases sample collection