Cryopreserved tumour bank
Collections of biological left over material samples from healthcare process performed in the Parc de Salut Mar as part of the healthcare process in patients with tumorous conditions.
The historical origin of this collection is the left over material samples from patients obtained during the diagnostic tests.
Patient eligibility criteria
Patients candidates for any condition surgical intervention or biopsy.
Eligible patients for recruitment must accomplish the following criteria:
- To have a clinical indication for biopsy or extirpation (minor or major surgery) for a tumorous condition.
- Sign the informed consent form.
Sample types collected
If it’s possible, normal and tumour tissue.
Scientific purpose and interest
To obtain samples from cancer patients and make them available to the scientific community with the aim to facilitate, promote and develop national and international cancer-related research.
- DNA bank for cardiovascular diseases
- Cerebral infarction (ICTUS) sample bank
- FORTIAM, acute myocardial infarction sample collection
- DNA bank for oncological diseases
- Left over diagnose sample bank
- Bank of samples from influenza A (H1N1) patients
- Bank of lung disease samples (Lung Biobank Platform)
- Hematological malignancies bank
- Collection Alzheimer and families (Alfa Study)
- ERyME: Sample collection from patients with rheumatic or muscle-skeletal disease
- GLOSEN: Glomerular diseases sample collection